Six memories of your childhood
Camping on summer holidays - When I was younger, every summer we would go camping for three weeks. We always went to a different part of France. Mostly close to the beach but sometimes we headed up the mountains. I loved it, time after time.
Bullying - Sad but true, I was bullied for many years but luckily I gained more confidence and the bullying stopped. Looking back it is still sad but it gave me a couple of gifts too. I'm able to read people in a split second and I can easily tell if a person is trustworthy. Bullying is something no kid should have to go through. It's lower than the ground we walk on. Talking people down for your own benefit and because it looks 'cool'. The day I realized the bullying had actually stopped and I didn't have to be afraid anymore is still fresh in my memory. My life got more fun after that, way more fun.
Going kayaking at the lakes - We've got a lot of nature in the part of Holland I live in. Close to my home are a couple of big lakes (big as in 'big for holland, not comparable to other countries..') and in summertime we'd go and hire some kayaks to go kayaking for the rest of the day. We'd leave in the morning, pack some lunch and we'd just paddle all day. Go to one of the islands, swim some more and in the evening when the sun was about to set and the musquitos would start to come out, we would paddle back to shore and call it a day. Sunburned like a cooked lobster but we never cared. Those were the times.
Pancake-wednesday - This one says it all. Every wednesday evening my mom would make us pancakes. What more could a kid wish for.
Put everything in my pockets - For about a year or two I developed the strange habit of putting everything I found on the streets in my pockets. With as a result; pockets filled with rocks, sticks, pieces of paper, plastic etc. I still don't know why this started nor do I exactly know when it stopped. I only know it stopped at one point because I no longer have this strange habit.
Snorkeling - As mentioned above we would always go camping during our summer holidays. We went to the Mediteranian Sea a dozen times and snorkelling there is just amazing. All the colours and different fish species. It's like a piece of art. Whenever we would go to the beach we would bring our gear and snorkle for hours. It's not just a memory of my childhood, I still love to do this. Something started young, but still enjoyed nowadays.
No comments:
Post a Comment