Monday, January 28, 2013

Day Two

Nine places you want to visit

Chengdu - I have always wanted to go here to volunteer at the Giant Panda Center. That's something that's on top of my bucketlist.
Myanmar/Birma - This is a country that is been going through some major changes and I would love to go here to see what it is like. The country has only just been 'opened' for tourists, or at least, it's easier now for travellers to enter the country. Which doesn't mean it's easy..
North-Korea - Don't ask me why. I don't even know exactly why I want to go here, but I want to. There's something about this place that attracts me. Maybe it's because this country is different from all the others. They've still got a pretty big communism-deal going on and I'm just interested to see what that is like for a country. But it's so so so expensive to go there..
Africa - I don't have one particular place in Africa I would like to see. It has always been a dream for me to go to multiple places when I go there. I would love to go to Kenya, Uganda, South-Africa, Ethiopia, Namibia, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi and maybe even more. It's not always safe to go places in Africa and I would never go somewhere if it was too dangerous, but sometimes you have to take a little risk to get the most out of it. Hopefully I can go to some of these places during my study!
Hong Kong - Something about this city attracts me. I'm going here one day, no doubt about it.
Rio de Janeiro - This is for obvious reasons of course. One of my best friends lives in this city and next to that, it's also a great city. I've been here already this year (6th-16th of January) but I am definitely going back, hopefully sooner than later!
Paris - One of the big advantages of living in Europe is that big, famous cities are never that far away. Paris is one of my favourite cities and it's fairly close. I've been here so many times already and I will be going there many times more. It really is a beautiful city. It has class, style, history and just brings out the best in you. Just think of a warm summer evening, walking along the Seine, looking at all the Parisians living their normal lives, after having a great dinner earlier that evening. A person can't get much happier at that moment. Only a three-hour trainride away from my home, it's easy like that!
Zoutelande - This is a small beachtown in the southwest of Holland, very close to Belgium. My dad's family used to go here all the time when he was younger and we sort of took over that tradition. There not really much to do there other than walk along the beach and just take it the fresh air. That's what I love about this place. When you're there, you just get calm. It's all peace and quiet when you're there, it feels like time slows down. A brilliant way of getting away from your daily life for a little bit.
Ameland - This is one of the islands in the north of Holland. I like this place for the exact same reasons as Zoutelande. Only this place was a family tradition of my mom's family. I can't wait to go there again.



No comments:

Post a Comment