Thursday, April 4, 2013

Busted knuckles and bruised shins, I'm all about it!

I've arrived in Bangkok about a week ago. Training has been going well and all these people here are like family. This gym is really a great place. Though I have to say, getting up for the morning run at 6.30 is a bitch.  Training starts at 6.30 in the morning and ends about 9.30. In the afternoon the run starts at about 15.30 and training ends around 18.30. It's intense to train for six hours a day but I'm learning so much. Every day brings more experience and new tricks. I love every minute of it. I should be staying here for about three more weeks, but we'll see about that.. I might just extend my stay.. ;)

The morning run goes alongside this small river. It's a straight road with water on the lefthandside and cornfields on the right and that's about it. Oh and a shitload of stray dogs that scare you to death of course.. But that'll just make you run faster!

The evenings are mostly spent watching tv with the boys and just chilling, there's not that much to do around here so we always end up watching a movie or soccer. I watch more soccer here than I do at home..



You! You punch like man! Yeah, good to hear. I've already busted my knuckles on the pads from hitting them hard. Thai solution? Superglue! So yeah, my knuckles are all glued up now and believe it or not, it actually feels better! Going to see if it actually works this afternoon at training..

Baipai is the kid of one of the trainers and he's so much fun. Always bashing around in my room or playing in the ring. And my Thai is actually improving by the things he says haha, go Baipai!

Go hard or go home.. My shins got beat up after padstraining and blocking kicks. The bruising even got worse but one of the trainers gave me a massage and rubbed the bruising on my bone away so it doesn't actually hurt anymore, it just looks ugly..



No comments:

Post a Comment