It's saturday evening and I'm bored to tears. I haven't trained for a week now and I'm getting so tired of having too much energy and nowhere to put it. I tried training this morning but that wasn't really a big succes. After two rounds of pads my legs called it a day and I was done. My upperleg still hurts and walking around is still not easy. I need to be patient, recovery takes time. Don't rush things. Hmm yeah, I'm so bored. So that's also why I'm updatting my blog, as I got nothing better to do.
This is how my legs are today. Today was saturday, my fight was wednesday. It's healing up nice and easy. The bruises aren't getting bigger anymore and the worst pain has gone already. I can't wait for it to be 100% again though..
This is a picture Artem took the night of my fight, when Pee A was wrapping my hands. I love this picture.
Me and Danny (another guy at the gym) were both supposed to fight at MBK last wednesday but as we arrived to BKK we got told Danny's fight had been cancelled. The promoters at MBK tried to fix another match to make up for Danny's fight dropping out. They asked Kongfah (my trainer) if he wanted to fight and to no surprise he said yes (he didn't train at all but that's just how they roll here..). He fought a trainer from another gym and after three rounds they called it a draw. The fight was more of a 'give-back' to the audience for the other fight dropping out so they put up quite a show. This fight got quite a lot of people to stop and watch as an 'ex-Lumpinee Champion' was fighting at MBK. Here are some pictures of the fight (Kongfah is in the red).
Flying knees, flying elbows, strong punches and all with a smile.
Just arrived at MBK, all signed up, got the red corner. Now we just had to wait.
Internet at the gym is so slow at times so every once in a while we go to Amazon cafe to get a nice smoothy and good wifi. As we were sitting there the other day a whole group of monks walked in, all ordering iced coffee. Gotta love Thailand.
At breakfast this morning, another day, another training, everyday's routine.
We decided to get a massage today as we were all in pain so a trainer took us to this nice massage place and we got a good solid massage. I felt so relaxed afterwards. It was kind of awkward having to change into these clothes but all for the greater good I guess..
Hmm so I guess that's it for now. I'll update my blog soon again. I'm actually doing a pretty good job at keeping my blog up to date lately! Let's not Jinx it.. Take care!













No comments:
Post a Comment