Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kids, do your homework

It's always a good thing to not immediatly rush into your homework when you arrive home after a day of school. You know you have to do your homework, and you know you don't have all the time in the world to complete it but rushing into it will eventually not give you better and quicker results. I always find that whenever I rush into my homework and try to complete it as quick as possible I end up having to rewrite/reread/rethink everything twice so in the end it takes up more time.
No, it's much better to just get home, help yourself into something comfortable, pour yourself a nice cup of tea and make a clear schedule of what has to be done (of course the really well prepared people already had this schedule drawn out this last Sunday, ready for the whole week, but I'm not one of them).
Right now I'm just taking a moment for myself, updating my blog, checking mail, thinking about what to eat tonight and trying to get my mind around the fact that in about 15 minutes I will start doing my homework. It always takes some soft persuasion to the mind to eventually really get yourself to do it. Discipline and motivation are key though. You might not like the task that is ahead but this small task is just part of something bigger, something that you really do want to work hard for.

I need to read the Communist Manifest by tomorrow and think of some sharp comments to bring to class. I would know a whole lot of things I would rather do with my time right now than reading this article. But there's no escaping it. If I don't read it, I can't take the exam in three weeks; which means I will fail this course and have to retake it next year. Yeah, I thought so. I'd rather suck it up and read the damn thing instead of giving in to my laziness.
That all said and done; I need to get to work now. Key is: Kids, do you homework.


No comments:

Post a Comment