We went to Big Buddha the other day. As a tradition we always go there, refresh our blessing, walk around for a bit, touch the green dragon for good luck on your next fight and just too enjoy the nice scenery and calmness that this place has to offer. The day started of really nice but halfway through all hell broke loose and it started raining like crazy. And it didn't stop! It just kept going, all day long. We had to drive back on our motorbike but halfway back it was not fun anymore so we abandoned the motorbike and got a cab back. We felt like we had almost drowned. Like the next day the weather cleared up again. I've seen enough rain in Holland, here I just want sun. Luckily we got the sun back now!
This is what happends to Samui when it rains. You get to swim. The roads literally disappear. But we did have a good laugh about it.
Torrential downpour, I've always wanted to use those words. And now I can! Torrential downpour, that's what went down that day.
After training it finally stopped raining so we went to get dinner at the local food market in town. Gotta love noodle soup and chicken!
No comments:
Post a Comment