So.. I've been slacking a little bit lately on keeping my blog updated. I just couldn't really get myself to do it ever since I came back from Koh Samui. But now it's been over two weeks so I figured there are no excuses left and I should just get my lazy ass to update my blog. I came back to Sitmonchai Friday the 17th of May and it really felt like coming home. It feels so good to be back. I knew that when I'd come back I'd havesome important decisions to make. I had to decide whether I would be going home on May 27th (my initial plan) or whether I would stay in Thailand for just that much longer. After some good talks with my parents and some friends I decided I wanted to rebook my flight. I am now going home August 14th. Yeah, I just extended my stay by about three months. That means, right now, I have more time left in Thailand than the time I already spent here this years. And that is a really good feeling.
I've picked up studying my Thai again and that's been going really well lately. It's quite easy actually, since you've got all Thais around you that speak slim to no english. I'm curious about what my level will be in two months if I keep this up. It comes in handy for my study as well (yeah, the one I'm starting in September.. It's still happening!) so I'm pretty motivated to keep going strong on this one. Also I have to finish up some stuff in preparation for Uni. I actually can't wait to start in September. I'll be back home August 15th and I guess Uni starts September 2nd so that's right on cue. Then study my ass off for five years and then return to Asia a.s.a.p. (that's what I say now..). So, that's a small update, I'll try to keep it up again. All's good for now. My next fight might be somewhere around the 19th/22nd. Taking it a little easy right now on training but stepping it up again when I know more about my next fight. Muay Thai is life, that's it.
For now, enjoy some pictures!
My Thai-teacher (from Holland) sent me some material to help me study, so good to receive mail!
The morningruns with my boy Orleon
When I was clearing out my room before going to Koh Samui I thought I had put my certificate away in a safe place. But when I came back and went to look for my certificate, I couldn't find it anywhere! Pretty bummed about that of course but luckily one of the boys that's in my old room now found it behind a desk. Made my day! And now it's back, right where it belongs.
Orleon. This dog is not a dog. It's a cat. It just doesn't pur. I swear.
Watching UFC on sundaymorning with the boys
It's funny how you start appreciating the small things in life when you're living in a muay thai camp. This bowl of cereals made my day. After only eating rice for about two months now, I'm starting to miss western food. The rice is still good though, and mama's cooking is still great (most of the days..) but I would kill for some Dutch cheese or some really good Italian pasta.
And of course, still waking up at 6.30 every day. It doesn't get any easier. And I'm still not a morning person.
The Boyz (Zach, Willy and Brent) had to fight at MBK May 29th, so we all headed out to BKK to support them. Two wins by K.O. and one loss, every single one of them fought like beasts. Good heart, that's what matters.
Comes in handy to have your own Thailand Masterchef on site. Kongfah makes some pretty good pre-training meals. Only thing I learned here is when I ask if something's spicy and he tells me 'little bit', I might just as well start calling 911 and ask for a firetruck because that means it's just hell on a plate. And they love it here.










No comments:
Post a Comment