Friday, July 19, 2013

Scorpions, Chickens and Saiyok

I thought it would be about time to make another blog post.. It's been about three weeks since the last one. Not that much has happend since my last post. Just the daily life I'm living here. My going-home-date is coming closer every day and it makes me think about things. I love living here but I'm also ready to start a new chapter in my life. How much I love training every single day, my leg injury is getting out of hand and I really just want to get home to fix that shit. I was supposed to fight one more time before going back home. It would be July 27th on Koh Samui again but this might or might not happen anymore. Guess that's what fighting in Thailand is all about. You're never sure of anything. I would be really bummed if I didn't get to fight one more time before going home so I am really hoping to get that last fight. On the 27th five boys from this camp are fighting as well on Koh Samui so we got another road trip down south. If I'm not fighting 27th, I might be fighting 30th on Samui but that as well is something to not be sure about. I'm just happy to be able to go to Koh Samui one more time. I get to meet up with my friends once again and my close friend from Brazil is making his way down to the island 28th so that should be great fun. My Thai adventure is almost coming to an end (again) and this time it's definite. Going to University in September and who knows where that will bring me. Living abroad will be put on hold for a couple of years but as soon as I get the opportunity to get out again, I will. Enough with the talking, here are some pictures of the last couple of weeks and the stories to go with them, enjoy!

I thought I had seen it all. Snakes, rats, cockroaches, etc. But no. I was doing my homework when I felt something on my foot. Thinking it was just an ant or something I just waved my foot to shake it off. It didn't go away so I looked down to see what it was. Got the scare of my life. Smacked it with my sandal and took a picture before praying I would never see such thing again.  

We all know Kongfah is a little off sometimes, but he always knows to light up the gym with his appearance.
Kongfah and Hayden

We had Dam Chalamkow training at Sitmonchai for about ten days. He was preparing for his fight in Lumpini tonight (July 19th). Best of luck to him!

Monday July 15th we had three birthdays at Sitmonchai. Ikkyu (Pee A's son), Kongfah and Stephen. Good reason for some candles and cake!

I'm getting used to seeing things that would upset most other people. Just a morning where Kongfah killed three of the chickens and chopped them up in pieces before cooking them into that evening's meal. The Thai life I'm part of right now.

P'Nae and Kru Dam both have chicken they train for chickenfights. Taking care of the chicken's is an every day job. Wash them, train them, feed them, and if they lose; eat them. They made them fight at the gym. P'Nae's chicken won and Kru Dam's chicken needs to learn some more skills. They didn't get eaten. Just yet.




A little night out with the people from camp. Free food, some muay thai and a weird thai cabaret. Guess the night was alright.
Kru Pan and Kru Yod

And about three seconds later Juab and Kongfah decided to join the picture as well.



P'Nae is friends with a lot of people and one of his friends happends to be Saiyok. To non-muaythai-people this might not sounds like someone or something big. But meeting Saiyok is like, a pretty big deal. He came by the camp twice. He fought the day before, won by K.O. Just like it's his everyday job (which it kind of is of course, but still). This picture right here is a precious one.

No comments:

Post a Comment