This saturday me and my sister had to go to Amsterdam to visit an introduction day at the University of Amsterdam. Eventhough I love travelling, there is no escaping University. So next fall I will start studying. Only problem is that I don't have a clue yet what to study. For seven years I said I would go to Lawschool to become a kickass-lawyer but after getting back from Asia I lost all motivation for that study so I withdrew my application (jup, I already applied before I left to make sure I'd get in) and I had to start all over again thinking about what I would like to do with the rest of my life. This gave me headaches and I thought I'd never find something. Until I read about the study: Cultural and Social Antropology. Everything fell into place. I could still travel, mean something to a lot of people in the world and in general it's something that I just love to know more about. Reading stuff online is not everything so yesterday I got to take some classes and talk with some students that were already in their 3th or 4th year of this study. The study sounded just as good in real life as it did online so I guess I finally found something I want to do! It feels like a weight just dropped of my shoulders. My parents couldn't believe it at first when I told them I wanted to study 'Antropology' because this study always comes along as old-fashioned and boring. But it has changed so much compared to thirty years ago. Nowadays it's a really interesting study and I can't wait to start. Guess my plans to conquer the world are starting to get shape. Watch out. Oh and did I mention how much I love Amsterdam? I freaking love Amsterdam.


Back to school, it felt weird to be sitting in a classroom again and to have to listen to a teacher telling me things. This is going to be fun next year..
Temperatures were freezing yesterday and it rained almost all day but that didn't keep me and my sister from having a great day. Wednesday we get to go to Amsterdam again, sweet!
Nothing finishes a cold and rainy day better than a cup of hot chocolate and some newly purchased books.
I guess I finally found my study, my future got a little bit brighter yesterday. Exiting times are ahead. Brazil in January, Thailand by the end of March and University in September. Big decision-making in progress and I'm just happy things are falling into place bit by bit. Okay, thanks for reading and take care! More posts will come soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment